Speechless

You will be delighted to know that Indians have finally attained that elusive state, which Lord Krishna preached in the Gita: blissful equanimity, or Stithaprajna. I have this on authority of two bloggers I deeply respect: Nitin, who instead of writing an incisive piece on the Mumbai Siege (Nov 2008), has merely posted an open thread, and JK has posted a collection of links. I think they have become finally and fully evolved spiritual beings.

And thereby show me the path that I must tread. The same path that our Gentle Prime Minister, his Bosserina, and the Saintly Shivraj Patil have trod for the last four years. If their tagline for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls is Tackling Terror with a Smile, their victory will be a foregone conclusion. But by calling the Army, they have blunted their chances a bit. But there’s still time. They can leave the terrorists to their devices…actually I have a better suggestion.

I urge the terrorists to surrender. They only need to look at Afzal Guru to appreciate the kind of treatment that’s in store for them. The entire media and secular establishment will risk their all to defend them. They will protect them against barbaric prison treatment. They will light candles. They will exert maximum pressure at the highest levels to ensure humane treatment. On the side, they will author heart-rending articles about the eternal spirit of Mumbai. The defence will be multi-pronged.

You have anyway accomplished your objective of mowing down tens of innocent Indian citizens. Surrender, and take some rest in our jails. We anyway know that your other brothers will be arriving soon on a similar mission. Nothing deters our equanimity.

Terrorism, not Hinduism is a way of life for us.

Postscript:

18 comments for “Speechless

1. Ramji
    February 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Dear Sandeep
    I am unable to log onto your site today.I wanted to read about the Chidambram temple episode but McCaffe security system im my computer blocked the site.It also removed a Trojan virus ” exploit-pdf-c.” It has happened a couple of times in the past. I think you should attend to this.
    Regards
    Ramji

2. raghu
    December 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM

A friend of mine had sent an SMS ” to be more wary of the terrorists who come by “vote” than those who come by boat.
    To me it is a chilling warning that we must all heed(else, we may cease to exist as a Nation soon),you only need to look at the so called myopic ‘rulers’ who would sell The Nation sooner.
    It appears that the politicians have (conveniently)forgotten definitions of the terms “terrorist” ,”anti- National ” etc..
    Aspects or attributes like religion ,region etc add to the vector sum and modify the definition. How else can one explain the continued existence of Afjal guru ?,we have sunk so far that the glimmer of hope is dimming by the day…

3. December 1, 2008 at 8:53 AM

It hasn’t long for the leftist Sydney Morning Herald to 1) Publish a Muslim who portrays the terrorists as misguided youths without condemning terrorism and taking his opportunity to stick it into Hindus
    The other better article still tries the blame the Hindu game write in and protest

4. Action
    November 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I can’t believe this is Amitabh Bachchan- http://bigb.bigadda.com/2008/11/30/day-220/ Kinda sums up the mood of the nation

5. trupti_inlaw
    November 28, 2008 at 7:00 PM

What happenned to the great Teesta selvad, Arundhati Roy andf the likes ….?????

6. November 28, 2008 at 4:42 AM

For the failure from Intelligence to leadership and everything in between and beyond, can’t they simply do a better PR job and keep the world informed of what is going on? Doesn’t the government owe the public even this basic courtesy? Even now, after 36 hours from start of the crisis, the situation is fluid and ‘may be this’ and ‘may be that’. Not even God can help India…

7. photonman
    November 28, 2008 at 12:03 AM

@ Sud

Couldn’t agree more. Let’s see how things pan out…

8. Sud
    November 27, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Well, if UPA loses Maharashtra (and likely Assam) next LS polls, their chances of retaining power in Dilli are decidedly bleak onlee, regardless of whatvever coalition gymnastics they later concot.

Seems to me, some tipping point will be reached eventually, sadly over many innocent deaths. Things are marching towards some end-game. What that will be and what form it may take is hard to discern.

How much has changed can be gausged at least partly by the reactions of the psec/HR brigade lighting candles for the terror suspects and populating dhimmedia talk-shows with their seditious views. Since the ‘elites’ have been targetted this time and not merely aam aadmi, there’s a chance state response this time might be qualitatively different from that in previous such attacks.

Seems to me that with each spectacular terror attack, the costs of ‘not acting’ are going up relative to the cost of upsetting ‘minority vote banks’ by acting onlee.

9. Kedar
    November 27, 2008 at 8:07 PM

I dont know if and when atleast this episode will end. If this doesnt wake us up, thats it guys.. Welcome anarchy!

My humble request (it ought to be an order actually), is please make sure that you, your family, friends, relatives, acquaintances vote UPA out of power. Just make sure Congress doesnt win in your constituency. Please!

By the way, I just got an fwd. email asking everyone to show their solidarity with Mumbaikars “by wearing white to work”!!

Are IT guys really such losers?

10. November 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I am outraged. Appalled. Speechless. I am helpless in faraway USA when my nation is at war. The worst part is that no leader seems to be willing to step up and face the war. Everyone seems to be in hiding.

India is in crisis. A crisis of leadership. A strong leader is the crying need of the hour.
    Narendra Modi comes to my mind. Only he can do something about this. All others are (for want of a stronger English word) “Hijras”

Here is my blog about this

11. Sandeep
    November 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Atanu,

Lol! Wish that’d happen. Meanwhile you write,

>>That would get his interests aligned with the interests of the people he and his mistress rule over.
    Just exactly who is the mistress here?

12. Kumar
    November 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Truth be told..what else can Nitin, JK, yourself or any other blogger say? All that needs to be said has been said already.Many times.By many people.When all the previous incidents happened. And B.Raman is worried about the safety of our nuclear establishments.

In a few days, we will know if this is a watershed event in our fight for survival againt terror, or just the beginning of the end of our way of life.

The people, we, voted UPA into power indirectly.And we are paying the price for it.

May be some of you have seen this link already.But here it is:

13. November 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Sorry I cannot access my blog right now because of some “precondition failed” error. So I am leaving a comment on yours to express my distress.

A few years ago I had proposed that public flogging of the prime minister and the head of the ruling party be the response to every terrorist attack in India. This would provide the right incentives to them to make sure that people don’t get killed through terrorism. I think that Manmohan Singh should be flogged publicly (one lash for every death) and 0.1 percent of his wealth be confiscated for every death. A few hundred deaths on his watch and he should be stripped of all his wealth (and his hide through flogging.) That would get his interests aligned with the interests of the people he and his mistress rule over.

14. Sandeep
    November 27, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Nitin,

:-)

15. November 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I am only stitha, but only so until I acquire gnana.

16. November 27, 2008 at 1:36 PM

It is really shocking and shameful. I religiously feel that a ruthless youth movement is all that is required at this moment to spare our history books from more shame.

17. JK
    November 27, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Nitin may have attained Stithaprajna state, but I am too angry and depressed to write any commentary.

18. Krishnan
    November 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

It is really funny to watch these people from CNN IBN utter the term ‘alleged terrorists’ again and again, despite the fact that an Islamic terrorist outfit – Deccan Mujhahideen – has claimed that they are responsible for this attack. Now, just think of the vile and venom spread in the name of ‘Hindu terror’, ‘Saffron terror’, and all other religious references when a sadhvi was arrested. If this is not intellectual dishonesty, what else is?