An Emergency isn’t Required

A passing thought.

The worst scum in the ongoing CEC controversy is the media, not the Congress party’s dictator-wannabes. Ever since the Emergency the Congress has never had it so good. Indira Gandhi had to use force to make the media crawl but her daughter-in-law is far superior. Look how the media is working overtime to ensure a Congress victory. Reminds me of a several, corporatized Beni Gabors working for Imhotep.

Where does one begin to clean up this mess?

6 comments for “An Emergency isn’t Required

1. rishi
    February 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

The Congress has planned this for a few years. It has a pliant president. Now it has a CEC of it’s choice.

The likely scenario after the general election will be as follows. Even if the Congress gets less seats (<130), Pratibha Patil will invite only the Congress to form the government. She will then give at least a month to make the vote of no confidence to the Congress. In that period, the Congress will form a coalition with other parties, or break the NDA and cobble a government.

Only if the NDA gets an absolute majority, will the Congress step back, and then too there are no guarantees.

2. Ashish
    February 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I want to second what Incognito said 2 posts above this one.

Indians generally do not see the value of things that do not give immediate results. So they say, “What will getting NDTV and IBN off my cable package do? So many others watch. What will getting ToI, Outlook, The Hindu out of my life do? So many others will buy and read onlee”.

Dudes, do it and have patience.

Shraddha aur Saboori, and SaiBaba said.

Peace!

3. dhimmi
    February 7, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I am PROUD of the guys who meted out the TREATMENT to shruthi and her mohammedan boyfriend.

Damn political correctness.We cannot allow sruthi to become shabana.Thanks to sandeep,we know something about the girl who converted to religion of piss in ‘aavarana’.

Jai Kannada Mathe.Jai Bharatha Mathe.

I am so happy that the c*nt* of NDTV are enraged.

4. N SHAH
    February 5, 2009 at 3:43 PM

aside from batting for chawla and pushing its psedosecular agenda, I’m not quite sure how the media is working for a Congress win? your thoughts…

5. Incognito
    February 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Q:- “Where does one begin to clean up this mess?”

A:-

1. Stop subscribing to such channels, newspapers, magazines.

2. Take it off the programmed list of your TV if free channel.

Benefits-

1. They will lose influence.
    2. Probable loss of ad revenue in the long run if more people do so.
    3. Peace of mind for you.
    4. Your productivity improves with less negativity around.

If it progresses thus, the Christian/ Muslim/Communist purse strings behind the MSM will draw close when they see that the channels/ papers are not effective.

Then be prepared for another onslaught on Indian democracy from the destabilising forces through some other means.

6. Sudhir
    February 5, 2009 at 1:36 AM

The thing is that just because Kunte withdrew his post because of Barkha pressure, doesn’t mean the rest of the world can’t see what he actually wrote. Barkha can pressure Kunte but not me; I’m the world’s 1062nd richest man. I can crack NDTV in 1 single trading session if I want.