- Jose on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Vineet on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Kakuli on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Ravishankar (@rshanx) on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Sridhar on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- B K chowla on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- dinesh soni on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- piyushpandey on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vv on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SP on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vijay on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Madan Uppal on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
Posted on October 7, 2009 | 9 CommentsThe steady extermination, and/or conversion of Hindus in Pakistan has been a steady feature since 1947. On this side, we have exhibited characteristic apathy, in the same period. This news report is a continuation of the same status quo. In the past four years, some...
Posted on September 25, 2009 | 29 CommentsIntroduction A pattern seems to have emerged over the past decade or so in the US. Each time any U.S-based Hindu organization(s) hosts a fairly well-attended event, alarm bells sound off from the expected quarters. These expected quarters wake up and emit a major stink...
Posted on September 16, 2009 | 116 CommentsA few weeks ago, I made a hurried list that broadly categorized contemporary Hindus based on certain general parameters. Gurcharan Das of India Unbound fame adds to this list by slotting himself into a new category: Liberal Hindu. Much of what he says in that...
Posted on August 8, 2009 | 29 CommentsWhen I landed in Delhi sometime in the January of 1967, Indira Gandhi was already ensconced in power…almost every other day witnessed hordes of “associations”–the Footpath Vendors Association, the Autorickshaw Drivers’ Association, the Slum Dwellers’ Association, the Onion Sellers’ Association and so on– parading on...
Posted on October 29, 2008 | 26 CommentsDriving on National Highway 4 towards Tumkur shows several milestones of history erected so high and steep that you are compelled to listen to their story. Nijagal is such a milestone. It is an imposing, rocky hill that stares at your back miles after you’ve...
Posted on October 9, 2008 | 16 CommentsIt is Vijayadashami here in Karnataka, a hallowed tradition that celebrates both the victory and renewal of the spirit of Sanatana Dharma in South India. A tradition handed down to us from the time Harihara established the Vijaynagar empire after defeating the marauding Islamic armies...
Posted on September 19, 2008 | 5 CommentsI know Nehru’s legacy as a person, patriot, freedom fighter, and Prime Minister has been examined to death. By both his admirers and arch-critics. In the Indian landscape of the history-political books, the Nehru-as-God books severely outnumber those that critically examine him. The “critical editions”...
Posted on August 24, 2008 | No CommentsThis post is just one of the reasons why Nitin is a blogger par excellence. Let there be no mistake—Shivraj Patil is an unmitigated disaster. The worst part is that he is just one of a constellation of individuals in the UPA government who will...
Posted on August 21, 2008 | 22 CommentsChop Kashmir off India so that I can party in Bombay seems to be Amit Varma’s mantra. Varma’s hypothetical equation of India=British Empire or whatever is a mere diversionary couch to rest his laziness to learn, if not in depth, at least the outlines of...
Posted on August 1, 2008 | 2 CommentsSo our Puppet Minister is off to attend yet another SAARC charade. For an international body that has such hoary aims as perpetuating mutual peace and harmony, foster economic growth, improving quality of people’s lives, and enabling people to live a life of dignity, there’s...