- Jose on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Vineet on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Kakuli on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Ravishankar (@rshanx) on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Sridhar on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- B K chowla on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- dinesh soni on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- piyushpandey on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vv on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SP on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vijay on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Madan Uppal on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
Media Watch Archive
Posted on February 28, 2013 | 19 CommentsConsider these headlines: Mob attacks Gujarat train, toll 57 (Times of India) godhra: in a ghastly incident, at least 57 persons were burnt alive and many injured when the ahmedabad-bound sabarmati express was stoned and set on fire by a mob at godhra junction on...
Posted on January 8, 2013 | 49 CommentsMy dictum that the Indian English media is a whore with none of the ethics of a whore has been proven correct again. And so the latest proof of its venal whoredom happens to be a barefaced lie, a shameless hoax, which in the pre-Internet...
Posted on December 29, 2012 | 25 CommentsDisclaimer: This piece is going to piss off a lot of people. I mean no offence but if you do take offence, I consider it a deed well done. One of the defining sentences in the various analyses of post-Independence Hindu revivalism, which is also...
Posted on December 14, 2012 | 33 CommentsAnd so it’s time to publish this blog’s only recurring feature. The list of the Most Loathsome Indians of 2012 is short this time simply because loathsomeness has become a way of life. Some usual names that figure pretty much every year have been omitted....
Posted on July 10, 2012 | 16 CommentsIntroduction Jagadish Shettar is all set to take oath as the 27th Chief Minister of Karnataka. The incumbent, Sadananda Gowda has already submitted his resignation to the BJP party president. That makes it three Chief Ministers in four years to rule Karnataka. That this is...
Posted on July 9, 2012 | 55 CommentsIn a highly communally-charged article, the Hindu reports on a supposed “housing apartheid” that seems to exist in Delhi. Although the piece is focussed on Delhi, one can’t help feeling that the content of the piece can be extrapolated to other Indian cities and reach...
Posted on May 29, 2012 | 62 CommentsSo the Narendra Modi baiter extraordinaire has been suitably rewarded. Social activists Teesta Setalvad and Shabnam Hashmi have been ‘rewarded’ by the UPA-II Government for what seems like their pro-Congress, anti-BJP activities. The HRD Ministry has nominated them in the high-powered decision making body for...
Posted on May 8, 2012 | 41 CommentsA timeless line from Dr. S.L Bhyrappa’s multi-layered and philosophical novel Saakshi (Witness) reads as follows: There is no greater arrogance than the arrogance wrought by a sense of self-righteousness. This quote accurately describes Yoginder Sikand’s textual barrage flowing over a course of 4373 words....
Posted on March 22, 2012 | 44 CommentsThis post is authored by my Twitter friend valhalla_ in response to the media-created “porngate” in the Gujarat assembly. "An intellectual is a person who’s found one thing that’s more interesting than sex." ~ Aldous Huxley Everybody is not a Narendra Modi who treads the...
Posted on March 7, 2012 | 41 CommentsI find psephology tedious. At a level, it reduces democracy to a savage farce of a triumph of numbers over ideas, ideals, even philosophy. But the times we live in makes it a necessary evil and like everybody else, I give that evil its due....
Posted on March 5, 2012 | 92 CommentsIt looks like Salil Tripathi, of late, has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. First it was this piece on Center Right India that examined his claims of being a libertarian, pro-free market, etc that led to some delightful exchanges on Twitter....