- JK on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SeethaRamaraju on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Jose on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Vineet on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Kakuli on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Ravishankar (@rshanx) on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Sridhar on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- B K chowla on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- dinesh soni on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- piyushpandey on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vv on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SP on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
Posted on February 28, 2013 | 19 CommentsConsider these headlines: Mob attacks Gujarat train, toll 57 (Times of India) godhra: in a ghastly incident, at least 57 persons were burnt alive and many injured when the ahmedabad-bound sabarmati express was stoned and set on fire by a mob at godhra junction on...
Posted on January 8, 2013 | 49 CommentsMy dictum that the Indian English media is a whore with none of the ethics of a whore has been proven correct again. And so the latest proof of its venal whoredom happens to be a barefaced lie, a shameless hoax, which in the pre-Internet...
Posted on September 10, 2012 | 7 CommentsNote: These are excerpts from D.V. Gundappa’s Kannada book entitled Vrutta Patrike (Newspaper) first published in 1928 then reprinted a few times. The book is a collection of essays derived from D.V. Gundappa’s speeches and writings roughly beginning in 1928. My translation uses the enlarged...
Posted on July 9, 2012 | 55 CommentsIn a highly communally-charged article, the Hindu reports on a supposed “housing apartheid” that seems to exist in Delhi. Although the piece is focussed on Delhi, one can’t help feeling that the content of the piece can be extrapolated to other Indian cities and reach...
Posted on July 5, 2012 | 38 CommentsStarting about two months ago, the spate of attacks in the media and elsewhere on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has been relentless. Narendra Modi is no stranger to having all sorts of abuses, denunciation, and innuendo heaped upon him—for about a decade, he’s faced...
Posted on March 22, 2012 | 44 CommentsThis post is authored by my Twitter friend valhalla_ in response to the media-created “porngate” in the Gujarat assembly. "An intellectual is a person who’s found one thing that’s more interesting than sex." ~ Aldous Huxley Everybody is not a Narendra Modi who treads the...
Posted on March 7, 2012 | 41 CommentsI find psephology tedious. At a level, it reduces democracy to a savage farce of a triumph of numbers over ideas, ideals, even philosophy. But the times we live in makes it a necessary evil and like everybody else, I give that evil its due....
Posted on November 20, 2011 | 446 CommentsThe Indian media overall is a whore with none of the ethics of a whore, a fact that’s pretty much self-evident now. Yet there are very few exceptions, and once in a long while somebody in this well-oiled and smoothly-functioning corporatized whoredom gets stung by...
Posted on October 20, 2011 | 31 CommentsDisclaimer: All characters appearing in this article are real. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is completely intentional. Real names of real people and real organizations have been suitably modified as occasioned by the demands of the article. Preface: B Raman loses the...
Posted on September 13, 2011 | 554 CommentsOh dear! Of all things, I hadn’t expected someone like R Jagannathan to mount an out-and-out personal attack against Narendra Modi. Going by his past record, I’ve always regarded him as a sensible and grounded writer but what to do? Humans are frail beings and...
Posted on September 12, 2011 | 47 CommentsIt couldn’t get any worse for the vile galaxy that comprises the media, intelligentsia, academia and the usual gang of Gujarat Cottage Industry freebooters. Let’s call it the media in short because it’s the media that gleefully opens its legs pages and studios and helps...