- JK on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SeethaRamaraju on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Jose on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Vineet on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Kakuli on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Ravishankar (@rshanx) on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Sridhar on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- B K chowla on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- dinesh soni on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- piyushpandey on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vv on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SP on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
Public Discourse Archive
Posted on February 9, 2013 | 56 CommentsRamachandra Guha never learns, does he? There’s a limit to how many times his bluff has been called. Or is there? Wait…there is a limit to the number of times his bluff has been called but given his record, his capacity to bluff is infinite....
Posted on January 8, 2013 | 49 CommentsMy dictum that the Indian English media is a whore with none of the ethics of a whore has been proven correct again. And so the latest proof of its venal whoredom happens to be a barefaced lie, a shameless hoax, which in the pre-Internet...
Posted on December 29, 2012 | 25 CommentsDisclaimer: This piece is going to piss off a lot of people. I mean no offence but if you do take offence, I consider it a deed well done. One of the defining sentences in the various analyses of post-Independence Hindu revivalism, which is also...
Posted on September 10, 2012 | 7 CommentsNote: These are excerpts from D.V. Gundappa’s Kannada book entitled Vrutta Patrike (Newspaper) first published in 1928 then reprinted a few times. The book is a collection of essays derived from D.V. Gundappa’s speeches and writings roughly beginning in 1928. My translation uses the enlarged...
Posted on October 24, 2011 | 17 CommentsA quick jotting before the thought is lost. What I had kinda predicted when the Anna Circus had erupted is slowly coming true. Most of the “leading jokers lights” in the circus are now beginning to chant the “my clown is funnier than yours” mantra....
Posted on October 20, 2011 | 31 CommentsDisclaimer: All characters appearing in this article are real. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is completely intentional. Real names of real people and real organizations have been suitably modified as occasioned by the demands of the article. Preface: B Raman loses the...
Posted on September 13, 2011 | 554 CommentsOh dear! Of all things, I hadn’t expected someone like R Jagannathan to mount an out-and-out personal attack against Narendra Modi. Going by his past record, I’ve always regarded him as a sensible and grounded writer but what to do? Humans are frail beings and...
Posted on September 12, 2011 | 47 CommentsIt couldn’t get any worse for the vile galaxy that comprises the media, intelligentsia, academia and the usual gang of Gujarat Cottage Industry freebooters. Let’s call it the media in short because it’s the media that gleefully opens its legs pages and studios and helps...
Posted on September 6, 2011 | 161 CommentsHere’s a quick and dirty explanation of the so-called India Against Corruption (IAC) movement. Draw your own conclusions. Click the thumbnails to view the full-size image. Picture 1: Rough timeline of major events surrounding the IAC movement Picture 2: How the IAC’s demands were met...
Posted on June 15, 2011 | 92 CommentsWe live in an India that continues to follow Nehru’s folicies1. His folicies might have resulted in some good but has resulted in Brobdingnagian blunders, which has led to the mess we’re mired in. As a result, at the end of 60-plus years, we have...