- Jose on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Vineet on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Kakuli on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Ravishankar (@rshanx) on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- Sridhar on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- B K chowla on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- dinesh soni on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- piyushpandey on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vv on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- SP on Dear BJP: Beware! The Lust for Gaddi Will Swallow You!
- vijay on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
- Madan Uppal on Vishwamitra was a Great Saint Until Menaka Danced Before Him: Or The Story of the BJP
Posted on October 16, 2012 | 56 CommentsHow often have you heard this refrain or its variants: Naah! I don’t go to temples. I don’t like going to temples…I mean, there’s no point…all that noise, meaningless mantras and rituals…some are so unhygienic…I believe in God but I’m spiritual…after all, Hinduism is a...
Posted on March 20, 2012 | 67 CommentsThe latest news item to cause a fresh bout of uncontrollable loose motions in the Indian English media is seeing Narendra Modi’s picture on the cover of the Time magazine. Here’s the picture in question: Being the long-time Congress-cultivated Pavlovian breed that they are, the...
Posted on March 5, 2012 | 92 CommentsIt looks like Salil Tripathi, of late, has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. First it was this piece on Center Right India that examined his claims of being a libertarian, pro-free market, etc that led to some delightful exchanges on Twitter....
Posted on February 29, 2012 | 64 CommentsAre death anniversaries celebrated? “Celebrated” is an unfortunate choice of word to use in the same breath as “death.” And no, that word choice is not mine. It is the media’s. Somebody’s death anniversary is not celebrated unless that person is someone like Stalin. Speaking...
Posted on February 21, 2012 | 81 CommentsFirst, credit where it is due: sincere thanks to my all-knowing Twitter friends Gopi and Ranganaathan for bringing this to my attention. Preface A certain Father Dominic Emmanuel seems to have taken it upon himself to educate the Honourable Justices of the Bhopal high court...
Posted on February 21, 2012 | 9 CommentsThis was published today in the Pioneer. Comments and criticism welcome as always. By deftly using state power to promote the party’s first family, the Congress has created a unique political ecosystem. The media has collaborated. The Uttar Pradesh Assembly election has seen the media...
Posted on January 26, 2012 | 303 CommentsPick a name. Pick any name from the loathsome galaxy of the Politically Correct Sissies that I listed in the Part 1. Let’s start with the head honcho, the White Mughal himself. Hartosh Singh Bal’s searing piece elicited the predictable accusation of racism from the...
Posted on January 25, 2012 | 30 CommentsThere’s nothing literary about the Jaipur Literary Festival. It’s as political as political is. The list of who’s who that make up its firmament year after year reads like the Forbes List of Liberal Fundamentalists. Perhaps Dalrymple’s List of Liberal Fundamentalists is a more accurate...
Posted on November 20, 2011 | 446 CommentsThe Indian media overall is a whore with none of the ethics of a whore, a fact that’s pretty much self-evident now. Yet there are very few exceptions, and once in a long while somebody in this well-oiled and smoothly-functioning corporatized whoredom gets stung by...
Posted on October 26, 2011 | 926 CommentsLet’s not pretend that the soul-crushing shrillery of the academic mullahs of Delhi—led mainly by the mini-mullahs of the history department—has anything to do with academic freedom or “curbing our freedom of thought” or “censorship of education” and such other arrant nonsense. It’s anything but...
Posted on September 13, 2011 | 554 CommentsOh dear! Of all things, I hadn’t expected someone like R Jagannathan to mount an out-and-out personal attack against Narendra Modi. Going by his past record, I’ve always regarded him as a sensible and grounded writer but what to do? Humans are frail beings and...